Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Day One


We are on the road! We stopped by Penny's Moms house. She took a picture of us with the Flat Bob, a replica of her dad. He really wanted to take this trip with us so she made a Flat Bob, and a Flat Mike, her husband. You will be seeing more of them!
We left Indianapolis at 3pm and arrived in Chicago around 6:30pm. We made great time. Baby handles so well on the interstate you are doing 80-85 without even being aware of it.

We got to Chicago, no reservations so we had to search a little to find a hotel with a room available. We finally found a room at the Sheraton 4 Seasons. Nice room great location. Tomorrow we will spend the day in Chicago. We are not far from where Route 66 Starts.

Tomorrow I will attempt to upload pictures again. Seems there is a problem tonight and I can't get them to up load.

It is an odd feeling to know that know one is expecting me, I have no schedule, no where to be and nothing to really do. Penny and I can stay in Chicago as long as we want there are not time schedules. Wow!

Until tomorrow,

Hazel M. Walker

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hey guys...I'm Cybernetically vacationing with you. This is almost great! Give Flat Bob a hug for me. Love ya' Becky

KimIndy said...

WooHoo Fellow GPSC Members! I will be anxiously awaiting each entry as I am living vicariously through you two. Hugz

Becky said...

Good morning guys...,Where's Day 2. I don't want to miss one day of this outing. Wish you would have taken me, the fat sister, instead of the flat brothers. Saw Mom last nite and gave her copies of your journal. She is all excited and looking forward to each day's entry. She was quite proud of herself for the picture she took. So c'mon...Mom and I are up, dressed and ready. Let's go!!!!! Love ya' Becky

Shirley said...

WOW! I can't imagine what it would be like to not be expected......to work, to clean, to pay bills, to cook, to do laundry, to plan a wedding, to help plan a wedding shower, etc. etc. etc.........I'M JEALOUS!! I want to be there with you two! **boohoohoo**